General Conditions Of Carriage
South West Coach Lines:
- Or its accredited agents finalise all arrangements of these travel sectors and/or tours upon the definite condition it shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, brochure misdescription, inadvertent booking errors, schedule irregularity, vehicle defects or through acts of default by any company, tour operator, tourist venue, travel agent or person engaged in conveying accommodation, feeding and booking passengers on all services and tours.
- Is not liable for and denies any responsibility for personal injury.
- Has the right as the PRINCIPAL operator to change prices without notice at any time before or after a booking/reservation has been accepted/paid and cannot accept responsibility for subsequent change, withdrawal of service and price increases from tourist venues, tour operators and accommodation/restaurant properties used as a component of our tours.
- Reserves the right to amend and cancel any scheduled departure for any reason.
- Takes no responsibility for lost, damaged or diverted baggage, freight or unaccompanied luggage whilst in transit and storage.
- Reserves the right in the event of a ticket or booking being cancelled by a customer, to charge a cancellation fee or refuse a refund.
- Is not a common carrier and reserves the right to refuse to carry any person, customer, baggage or goods without assigning any reason therefore.
- Does not permit consumption of alcohol, food, beverages including alcohol or smoking on its coaches.
- Reserve the right to inspect any and all luggage either prior to passengers boarding the coach, or whilst in transit.
- Reserves the right to refuse to carry any person who is considered not suitably dressed to travel.
- General bookings, pass holders and “open return” ticket holders should reserve and confirm seats on all sectors.
- Takes no responsibility for ticket confirmation times or dates where system or human error occur. It is the sole responsibility of the passenger to check ticket details thoroughly to ensure all times and or services are correct.
Concession Fare and Ticket Conditions
Concessional fares are offered conditionally to the following passengers who are able to comply with requirements to demonstrate identity and eligibility.
- Infant – Aged up to 2 years (to be nursed by accompanying adult)
- Child – Aged 3 to 14 years (inclusive).
- WA Student – Aged 15 to 26 years and in full-time accredited studies, To the named cardholder on presentation of a valid Transperth Student SmartRider.
- WA Pensioner – To the named cardholder on presentation of a valid WA Pension Concession Card.
- WA Senior – To the named cardholder on presentation of a valid WA Seniors Card.
Reservation Change and Cancellation Conditions
- No refunds on ticket purchases will be provided.
- Providing 24 hours notice is given a ticket may be converted to an open ticket for travel within two months.
- Providing 24 hours notice is given a ticket may be transferred to the next South West Coach Lines service of equal or lesser fare value.
- NO SHOW (failure to board scheduled services) No refund, not transferable.
- TOUR PACKAGES AND OVERNIGHT CHARTERS No refunds can be made in respect of travel sections, accommodation, meals, sightseeing, entrance fees or any other services which are included in the cost but not utilised as per Responsibilities and Conditions on relevant tour brochures.
- Cancellation – OPEN TICKETS / BULK TICKETS – No refunds on OPEN TICKETS or BULK tickets. No transfers on BULK tickets.
- All tickets and booking confirmations are valid for travel for the named passenger only.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable.
All luggage carried, stored or stowed is subject to South West Coach Lines Luggage Policy, as stated on South West Coach Lines website.
- General Allowance – Standard luggage allowance per fare-paying passenger includes one item of stowed luggage not exceeding 20kg; and one item of carry-on luggage not exceeding 5kg.
- Excess Baggage – Additional or exceptional luggage items will incur a fee per item and is subject to a maximum of two items approved by South West Coach Lines, based on availability and suitability of baggage carriage and holding facilities.
- Unaccompanied Luggage – Unaccompanied luggage items will incur a fee per item and is only permitted on selected South West Coach Lines services, luggage is to be strictly pre-booked and is subject to a maximum of two items approved by South West Coach Lines, based on availability and suitability of luggage.
- Manual Handling – All items to be carried must be packed properly, sealed, be of a manageable size and shape. Where the physical attributes of a South West Coach Lines staff member makes lifting and handling of such items difficult, the passenger will be obliged to render the staff member assistance.
- Cabin carry-on items – For the comfort and safety of all passengers, hard luggage or any items above 5kg must be stowed in luggage areas under the coach, and are not permissible inside the cabin, including the overhead cabin storage compartments.
- Labelling – Passengers are responsible for the appropriately labelling and handling of their own luggage.
- Prohibited Luggage – For the comfort and safety of all passengers prohibited items detailed within South West Coach Lines Luggage Policy will not be accepted on South West Coach Lines services under any circumstances.
South West Coach Lines Luggage Policy is published and available online. A copy can also be obtained in electronic or hard copy format on request by contacting a South West Coach Lines Booking Centre.
Travelling with a Pet
South West Coach Lines strictly refuse the transportation of any live stock or domestic animals on board and or stowed in our luggage compartment. Transportation in this instance is classified as a breach of the “Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines” and the “RSPCA Policy for the Transportation of Animals”. Service animals such as seeing eye dogs are permitted to travel on board with passengers who have certified approval.
Persons requiring assisted travel with a Companion Dog are permitted to travel with the appropriate certification on South West Coach Lines services. Companion dogs will require a valid identification card issued by a training organisation prescribed under the Dog Regulations 2013. Companion Dogs must have a suitably marked identifying dog coat or harness. More information about Companion Dogs can be found by contacting Seeing Eye Dogs Australia, Visibility or Assistance Dogs Australia.
South West Coach Lines reserves the right to change the conditions of travel without notice at any time before or after a booking or reservation has been accepted and cannot accept responsibility for any consequences arising from the subsequent changes.