South West Coach Lines standard luggage allowance included within the cost of a booked fare is as follows:
- Two items of stowed luggage not exceeding 30kg per item; and
- One item of carry on luggage not exceeding 5kg.
- Additional luggage and bulky items such as surfboards and bicycles will incur a fee per item.
South West Coach Lines require all items to be packed properly, sealed and be of a manageable size and shape. Where the physical attributes of a South West Coach Lines staff member makes lifting and handling of such items difficult, the passenger will be obliged to render the staff member assistance.
Stowed luggage is limited to luggage of a personal nature that would consist of a person’s clothing and other personal items such as:
- Overnight bag;
- Travel bag;
- Collapsible prams, strollers and baby carriers;
- Collapsible wheelchairs;
- Eskies (not to contain perishable food items); and
- Other substantial sealed carry bags in bona fide packaging .
Hand held carry-on luggage (maximum of one item with a weight not exceeding 5kg) may include camera cases, video bags, laptop computers and items of a similar size which fit into the overhead storage compartment.
Where surfboards and bicycles are accepted they incur a flat rate “Freight Fee” per item. Please confirm details when booking.
- Carriage is subject to the ability to lift and load the item, and the physical dimensions and capacity to carry the item.
- It is required that these items be pre-booked, to secure the required space in the luggage hold.
- Bicycles must be stowed in bicycle travel case to safe safe handling.
- Surfboards and body-boards must be suitably packaged with fins suitably covered
Unaccompanied luggage items will incur a fee per item and is only permitted on selected South West Coach Lines services. Luggage items are to be strictly pre-booked and is subject to a maximum of two items, subject to approval by South West Coach Lines, based on availability and suitability of luggage as per our luggage conditions. South West Coach Lines do not supply holding facilities for unaccompanied luggage as it is the customers responsibility to meet the driver for loading and collection 15 minutes prior to scheduled time. All items to be carried must be packed properly, sealed, be of a manageable size and shape. For the comfort and safety of all passengers, unaccompanied luggage must be stowed in luggage areas under the coach, and are not permissible inside the cabin, including the overhead cabin storage compartments. Customers are responsible for the appropriately labelling and handling of their own luggage. For the comfort and safety of all customers prohibited items detailed within South West Coach Lines Luggage Policy will not be accepted on South West Coach Lines services under any circumstances.
For the comfort and safety of all passengers the following items will not be accepted as luggage on South West Coach Lines services under any circumstances.
- Perishable foods;
- Flora and fauna including live plants, livestock or pets. Service animals other than guide dogs or registered companion dogs). Flower arrangements can only be carried as personal carry-on luggage;
- Dangerous goods including fuels, oils, solvents, batteries, ammunition, acids, corrosives, radioactive material or chemicals or explosives;
- Windsurfing boards, surf-skis and kayaks;
- All gas cylinders, including diving tanks. Personal use of medical oxygen supplies is permitted;
- Large electrical items; and
- Small machinery or mechanical devices, components, tools or fluids.
South West Coach Lines accepts no liability for items such as cameras, electrical goods, jewellery, money, tools, bicycles, surfboards, golf clubs or any other luggage that is fragile or that is not suitably labelled.